- Sprinkle the chicken with the seasonings, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat an iron pan over medium heat and add olive oil.
- When the oil begins to swirl add the seasoned chicken and sauté until cooked.
- Remove the chicken with the help of tongs and leave behind the oil in the pan. Rest the chicken until it gets into normal temperature and then chop them into ½ inch cubes.
- Re-use the oil in the iron pan. Add onion at first, and then add peas and carrots, sprinkling salt and pepper over them. Stir and cook until the onions become tender. Add garlic at the end. Sprinkle in the flour and stir until it dissolves. Add chicken stock to the mixture that forms and raise to a simmer, stirring until the entire dish has thickened.
- Once the dish has thickened add in the cream. Season with salt if required
- Return the chicken to the pan
- Unfold the pie crust and place the chicken-cream filling over it. Tuck excess edges inside the pan. Brush the crust evenly with egg-wash.
- Place in pre-heated oven – 400 degree Celsius and cook for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (about 10 tenders)
1/2 teaspoon paprika – available at super shops
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano – available at super shops
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup onions
1 cup peas and diced carrots (Half cup peas and half cup diced carrots)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups chicken stock ( prepared earlier)
1 cup heavy cream
1 store bought pie crust – can also be homemade for the extra conscious
1 egg, lightly beaten