Eid-ul-Ajha, brings in the abundance of beef, mutton, lamb etc. and so you can venture in your kitchen with confidence. Grab the chance to put on your apron and earn some acclamation from your family members during Eid holidays. Here are some get-at-able recipes Noor-E Zannat Nusha has compiled from Thirty3 to hold you aloft this summer amongst your kith and kin
THAI BEEF SALAD
- Soya sauce 1 table spoon
- Oyster sauce 1.5 table spoon
- Sesame oil 0.5 table spoon
- Sugar 1.5 table spoon
- White pepper 0.5 table spoon
- Lemon juice 0.5 table spoon
- Cucumber 1 pc
- Tomato 1 pc
- Capsicum ½ pc
- Lemon grass 1 table spoon (finely chopped)
- Julian beef 200 gm
- Coriander leaves, sesame seeds- for garnishing
- Put 200g beef, soya sauce, oyster sauce, salt, sesame oil, sugar, white pepper on a frying pan and sauté them for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cucumber, tomato, capsicum, lemon grass, lemon juice and mix them well.
- Finally, garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
Serves for 3 persons.
SPECIAL BEEF STEAK
- Beef undercut 250 gm
- Vegetable sautéed (carrot, papaya,
long beans, mushroom,
broccoli, cauliflower) 150 gm
- Mustard paste 2 table spoon
- Black pepper 1 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- LP sauce 2 table spoon
- HP sauce ½ table spoon
- Olive oil ½ table spoon
- Add all the ingredients with beef and marinate it at least 30 minutes.
- Prepare it in frypan/ griller/ charcoal (according to your desire) for 7 minutes in a medium low heat.
- Serve with sautéed vegetables
Preparing the vegetables
- Boil the vegetables for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, salt, olive oil, black and white pepper with the vegetables in a frying pan and sauté.
- Serve with the steak, if desired, you can add mashed potato also.
- T- bone steak can also be formed similarly.
Serves for 1 person.
MUTTON ROGAN JOSH
- Mutton 300 gm
- Onion 5 table spoons
- Ginger paste 1 table spoon
- Garlic paste 1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ tea spoon
- Garam masala 1 tea spoon
- Cashew nuts 1 table spoon
- Tomato puree ½ cup
- Cumin seeds powder 1 tea spoon
- Soybean oil 4 tablespoon
- Sour yoghurt ½ cup
- Kashmiri powder 1 tea spoon
- Fenugreek leaves ½ tea spoon
- Red chili sauce 2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Ginger, coriander leaves- to garnish
Step 1: Preparing the gravy-
- First mix onion, cashew nuts, garlic, ginger paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder, tomato puree, fenugreek powder, garam masala and boil them for about 20 minutes. (ingredients should be added half in quantity).
- Add fresh oil (2 tsp) to them and blend well.
Step 2: Preparing the mutton
- Add the rest of the portion of the ingredients along with mutton, sour yoghurt, oil, salt, 1 tea spoon sugar and sauté them for about half an hour.
- Mix the mutton with gravy and boil until it thickens.
- Garnish with Julian cut ginger and coriander leaves.
Serves for three persons.
Recipes provided by: Thirty3 restaurant, Baily Road.